The pattern, now available for SOS members, is featured in the “Symphony” mini-workshop.
Find in the workshop:
- How to Cast On and set Up an Assimetrical Shawl
- Knitting the Lace Pattern
- Knitting the Colour Pattern in Mosaic Knitting
- Elastic Bind Off
- How to Steam Block
Symphony Shawl by Tabetha Hedrick
Skill Level: Intermediate
Approx 53 ¾” / 136.5 cm wide and 28 ¼” / 72 cm deep
- 1 SweetGeorgia Yarns Symphony Kit (Fingering Weight; 52 yards / 48 m per .5 oz / 14 g per mini skein; 80% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon).
Note: This pattern was originally written for the Symphony Yarn kit, containing 15 mini-skeins of Tough Love Sock (425 yd/ 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon). Knitters may choose to use multiple colours, changing colours where indicated in the pattern, or 780 yds of fingering-weight yarn two or three colours. Please see pattern notes for how the colours are labeled.
Needles & Notions
- Size 6 US/ 4 mm needles, 24″ (60 cm)
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- yarn needle
- 22 sts and 32 rows=4″/ 10 cm in Garter st, blocked aggressively and unpinned.
- 23 sts and 30 rows=4″/ 10 cm in Stripe stitch, blocked aggressively and unpinned.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect the yardage use