These are a few of my favourite reference books over the years, and a great place to start building a dyer’s library!
- Callahan, Gail. 2010. Hand Dyeing Yarn and Fleece: Custom-Colour Your Favorite Fibers with Dip-Dyeing, Hand-Painting, Tie-Dyeing, and Other Creative Techniques. Storey Publishing. (https://amzn.to/3rCyEl4)
- Eskesen, Elaine. 2005. Dyeing to Knit. Down East Books. (https://amzn.to/3eqLteA)
- La Belle, Linda. 2007. The Yarn Lover’s Guide to Hand Dyeing: Beautiful Colour and Simple Knits. New York: Potter Craft. (https://amzn.to/3eojA6Z)
- Lo, Felicia. 2016. Dyeing to Spin & Knit: Techniques & Tips to Make Custom Hand-Dyed Yarns. Ohio: Interweave Books, F+W Media, Inc. (https://amzn.to/2N8jvsU)
- Menz, Deb. 2005. Color in Spinning. Colorado: Interweave Press, Inc. (https://amzn.to/3bxZoxy)
- Rex, Susan. 2004. Dyeing Wool and Other Protein Fibers: An Introduction to Acid Dyes. Canada: Susan Rex.
- Vogel, Lynne. 2002. The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook. Colorado: Interweave Press, Inc. (https://amzn.to/3vcFcct)
Disclosure: some of the links here are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.