Member Update // New Spinning Up a Level Module: Spin Control
Spinning Up a Level // Spin Control
Module four of our Spinning Up a Level workshop series is now here! Taught by Katrina Stewart, we’ll cover measuring our singles and tips and tricks on how to keep them consistent, adjustments to achieve the twist you want in your singles and plying, plus measuring your wraps per inch to help estimate the weight of yarn you’ll spin when you begin plying.
Join Katrina at Spinning Up a Level and learn more about controlling spin to get the fine yarn of your dreams! It’s been wonderful also keeping in touch and hearing from spinners working their way through the videos in the SOS spinning forums!
Reminder that we also have nine new fibre colourways to explore when practicing your spinning skills. Each of these colourways are available on all five of our SweetGeorgia fibre bases: BFL+Silk, Panda, Polwarth+Silk, Superwash BFL and Targhee. Shop the new spinning fibre colourways here! Plus, for spinners looking to test spinning with different fibre bases, don’t miss our popular Spinning Sampler sets which include a sampling of SweetGeorgia Yarns’ fibre bases and Katrina’s CraftyJak’s Boutique carded batts for you to explore!
Recent SOS Student Works
See what SOS students have been making recently…
- Linda’s amazing projects completed as part of the Make Your Best Nine challenge. Congratulations Linda!
- Kathryn’s seriously gorgeous handspun Shetland yarn.
- LuAnn’s stunning handwoven Square One scarf, woven on a rigid heddle loom.
- Beautiful handwoven projects shared on Instagram from Diane, Valerie and Charlotte. And Emma’s wonderful hand-dyed Galaxy sweater!
- Plus the progress shared in the SweetGeorgia 2020 Advent Make-Along, with both knitting and weaving projects on the go, it’s so great to see the fun chat among all the makers!
Thank you as always for sharing your projects with us both in the SOS community forums as well as on Instagram @schoolofsweetgeorgia, @sweetgeorgia or #schoolofsweetgeorgia!
Wishing you a colourful week of fibre arts exploration,
School of SweetGeorgia