LEARNING PATH | SPINNING
LEARN FIBRE PREPARATION
Understanding the basics of colour theory, learning the different kinds of fibre and their properties, and different tools to start with your spinning journey!
53 min | 11 lessons
- Understand the basic Colour Theory.
- Explore different kinds of fibres and their properties.
- Learn different tools you can use to card fibre.
- Find out the different forms your fibre can take.
- Discover how to use drum carders, blending boards, and drum carders.
1 hr 54min | 12 lessons
- Learn how to choose or make a Blending Board.
- Discover the types of tool to use.
- Understand loading the fibres in the Blending Board, making rolags and batts, how to roll or dizz them off the board.
- Learn how to go off board to make a carded cloud prep, to create texture batty bumps, and to flick open and store locks.
2 hr 49 min | 11 lessons
- Explore an overview of colour theory and different kinds of texture in fibre.
- Learn how to prepare to spin your batts, rolags or dizzed fibre.
- Understand scaling up your small batch fibre prep.
- Discover inspiration pieces and more!
3 hr 42 min | 5 lesson
- Learn review and lessons learned in Colour & Fibre Play I.
- Discover the fibres that can be added for unique blends.
- Learn how to sketch, doodle and sample to explore creativity.
- Understand scaling up & scaling out.