Gentle Tidings Shawl
The pattern is featured in the “Gentle Tidings” mini-workshop, now available for SOS members.
Find in the workshop:
- How to Cast On and set Up a Triangular Shawl
- Joining a New Colour
- Changing Colours
- Working the Colour Pattern in Mosaic Knitting
- The Border
- Elastic Bind Off
- How to Steam Block
Gentle Tidings Shawl by Tabetha Hedrick
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 58.5 ” / 148.5 cm wide and 32 ” / 81.5 cm deep
- 3 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock one each in Grapefruit (MC), Silver (CC1)m and Candy Apple (CC) (425 yd/ 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon)
Needles & Notions
- Size 6 US/ 4 mm needles, 24″ (60 cm)
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- 2 stitch markers, yarn needle
- 20 sts and 40 rows=4″/ 10 cm in Garter st, blocked aggressively and unpinned.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect the yardage use