The pattern is featured in the “Five by Five Cowl” course.
Learn to take your knitting skills to the next level, with some more fundamental techniques including:
- how to work the purl stitch
- how to combine knits and purls into ribbing
- how to do a provisional cast on
- how to work a Kitchener stitch to graft two ends together in a very seamless way
- also how to do the three needle bind off to do a quick, but more visible, seam
Five by Five Cowl by Felicia Lo
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Approx 52″ (122 cm) circumference x 7″ (18 cm) wide, relaxed without blocking
- 2 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns CashLuxe Fine (400 yd / 365 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 70% Superwash Merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon).
- 1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Silk Mist (325 yds / 300 m per 0.9 oz / 25 g skein; 60% kid mohair, 40% silk).
Needles & Notions
- US 10 ¾ / 7 mm needle
- Spare knitting needle
- Tapestry needle
- Crochet hook
- Waste yarn for provisional cast on
- 14 sts and 18 rows per 4″ (10 cm) in five by five ribbing, relaxed