The pattern is featured in the “Custom Toe Up Socks” course.
Learn, step by step, everything you need to know about knitting toe-up socks using any yarn and for any size foot. If you’ve seen how fun, portable and satisfying sock knitting can be, and want to learn how to make them yourself, then this is the course for you. Once you get the sock bug, it never lets go!
In this workbook you’ll learn:
- taking measurements and how to calculate the numbers to get a perfect fitting sock.
- sock anatomy and how to knit a faux circular gauge swatch.
- Judy’s Magic Cast On technique.
- how to shape the toe, work gusset increases and knit a short row heel.
- how to work an elastic bind off, and so much more!
Custom Toe Up Socks by Tabetha Hedrick
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Foot circumference: 6 ¾ (8, 9 ¼)” / 17 (20.5, 23.5) cm
Choose the size that is approximately 10% smaller than your actual foot circumference.
- 7″ / 18 cm leg length
Foot length is adjustable
- 425 yds / 339 m of fingering-weight yarn, such as Tough Love Sock (a foot circumference over 9″ / 23 cm will likely need a second skein), or
- 350 yds / 320 m of DK-weight yarn, such as Superwash DK ( a foot circumference over 9″ / 23 cm will likely need up to 100 more yds / 92 m), or
- 225 yds / 206 m of worsted-weight yarn, such as Superwash Worsted (a foot circumference over 9″ / 23 cm will likely need up to 100 more yds / 92 m).
Needles & Notions
- Size appropriate for your yarn choice: for magic loop, 32″ / 80 cm circular; for two needles, (2) 24″ / 60 cm circulars; or a set of double-pointed needles (dpn)
an extra needle for the cast-on
3 stitch markers (with one being different to mark BOR)