Join in learning about the beautiful Norwegian weaving technique called Krokbragd! Taught by Debby Greenlaw, author of Krokbragd: How to Design and Weave and Krokbragd Patterns, learn about Debby’s own start to this beautiful weaving of colourful little motifs. Krokbragd has the look of a complicated weaving technique, but is so achievable once you understand its structure and characteristics. And this is exactly what you will learn in this course!
Throughout the Weaving Krokbragd School of SweetGeorgia course, you will learn:
- an introduction to Scandinavian textiles.
- common motifs used.
- choosing colours and selecting your yarn and sett.
- how to read Krokbragd patterns and drafts.
- how to manage selvedges and change colours in the weft.
- how to get good warp coverage
- finishing your handwoven Krokbragd piece, including several edge techniques.
In the videos, Debby demonstrates on a multi-shaft table loom, but also talks about weaving on a rigid heddle. The class project is a colourful sampler that can be used as a small wall hanging – a project that allows you to learn a number of skills as well as weave a variety of the common Krokbragd motifs.
We’d love to see what you make as you work through this course – tag us on Instagram with #sosweavingkrokbragd!
Remember your 15% off discount as a SOS member available here: https://www.schoolofsweetgeorgia.com/sweetgeorgia-discount/