Welcome to Tuning Up your Wheel taught by Katrina & Eric Stewart!
Our spinning wheels are a tool and it is important to take time to care for them in this way. In the workshop video, Eric shows a demonstration of how to start with a basic cleaning of your spinning wheel, and Katrina will then show where to oil it and take care of the parts of the wheel when spinning on a regular basis.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Cleaning tools needed
- Cleaning wood surfaces
- Cleaning metal parts and interiors
- Caring for treadles and leather
- Day-to-day oiling
- Replacing a poly drive band
- Replacing a cotton drive band
- Wheel tweaks and other replacements
Remember to check your spinning wheel’s manufacturer manual first.