Welcome to Spinning with Supported Spindles taught by Debbie Held!
Walk through each step of Debbie’s own supported spindling process, in the hopes of alleviating any mystery surrounding the use of these spindles, and hopefully demonstrating just how portable and spinning-friendly they really are! The supported spindle has a unique beauty to it, not only in the finished yarn but in the fluid movements of spinning that yarn.
In this course, you will learn:
- what is a supported spindle
- types of supported spindles and how to choose one
- how to match a spindle and a bowl
- fibre prep
- starting your leader yarn
- building your cop
- types of draws
- troubleshooting and more
The supported spindle has a unique beauty to it, not only in the finished yarn but in the fluid movements of spinning that yarn. Join in the joy of supported spindling!
- Find the Workbook here »
- Find the Full Course Transcripts (ZIP file) here »
- Find SweetGeorgia yarns hand-dyed fibre here »
Have questions about this workshop? Share any questions and chat in the SOS forums here »