Week 3: Progress Meetup Recording
Working from fleece for the first time? Join the conversation with Kim McKenna and fellow fibre enthusiasts as we talk about scouring, sorting locks, and different combs options plus demonstrate techniques and discuss all the different sheep breeds explored in this fleece-processing study group.
Recording from October 14, 2022.
- Welcome 00:00-00:43
- Vikki shares – Shetland 0:43-06:32
- Angeline shares – Unknown Fleece 06:32-11:41
- Brenda shares – Corriedale 11:41-14:15
- Tip ends on raw wool locks 14:15-15:45
- Brenda shares – Swaledale 15:45-18:54
- Linda shares – Lamb’s Fleece 18:54-24:17
- Fine vs super fine combs 24:17-34:45
- Caitlin shares – Romney 34:45-39:58
- Comb tines: rows & spacing 39:58-45:17
- Amanda shares – Brännö 45:17-58:15
- Monique shares – Romney 58:15-1:02:33
- Stacy shares – Merino 1:02:33-1:09:13
- What is trash wool 1:09:13-1:12:27
- Imke shares – Texel 1:12:27-1:21:15
- Marie Josée shares – Alpaca 1:21:15-1:29:38
- Greta shares – 4 fleeces/ cross breeds 1:29:38-1:37:28
- Conclusion & thank you 1:37:28-end
Use the chapters feature to jump to any part in the video you like!
In the recording, Kim McKenna referenced making rolags on hand carders which was earlier shared in the SOS forums. The video is by Pimmie and can be found here on YouTube.
Want the Forsyth combs in the video? Visit: WoolCombs.com
As always, we are looking forward to your progress, pictures and reflections on working from fleece. If you have any questions, please share with us in the SOS forums!