Dip your toes into the world of needle felting with the Needle Felting Ornaments course!
Taught by Charlotte Lee, this online workshop covers all the basics steps of how to start needle felting, including:
- how to choose wool, felting needles & materials
- how to wrap up the fibres 3 ways:
- roll up method
- knotting method
- waste yarn method
- how to felt colour on your ornaments 7 ways:
- solid colour
- blended fibre
- colour blocks
- polka dots
- how to finish your ornaments with a heat source
- how to decorate your ornaments:
- with multimedia & sparkles
- with sari silk
- with silk noil
- with pure silk
- with mohair
- sewing beads
- adding lace
- how to attach ribbons to your ornaments
By the end of the course, you will have everything you need to start your needle felting journey. We include a workbook with inspiring photos plus the list of materials needed.
Download the course materials: Needle Felting Ornaments Workbook
Please come chat with us & share your progress and questions from the Needle Felting Ornaments course in the SOS community forums! We’re here to help and support you on your fibre arts journey! We’d also love to see what you make! Tag your Instagram posts with #sosneedlefelting and #schoolofsweetgeorgia!
- Needle Felting Ornaments Workbook (PDF) » Download the workbook for materials list, & detailed photos.
- Needle Felting Ornaments Full Transcripts (ZIP)>>