Teaching the essentials of functional and decorative punch needle embroidery, we’re so excited to share Modern Punch Needle with you.
Taught by Sahm Jalbert, few crafts are as simple to learn – it is fun, quick and highly adaptable. Whether your design is an intricate landscape or simple overlapping circles made by tracing jar lids, the results can be stunning. And because you can pull stitches out and re-punch again and again, there’s no risk of trying something outside your comfort zone.
In the video workshop, Sahm will teach:
- punch needles available and differences between them.
- how to choose backing fabric.
- frame options and how to make your own frame.
- the basics of punch needle as well as embroidery techniques.
- finishing decorative items such as wall hanging and mini-rugs.
- considerations when making functional items.
- inspiration pieces as well as troubleshooting problems.
Throughout this workshop, we’ll also make two fun projects: a round wall hanging using a “regular” sized tool and a mini rug coaster using a “fine” sized tool. You will have all the jumping off points to use your new skills!
Share your punch needle projects with us – we’ll be chatting over at the SOS Community Forums, and tag us on Instagram using #sosmodernpunchneedle!
In this workshop, we’ll make two fun projects:
- 8” round wall hanging / using a “regular” sized tool
- 3.5" mini-rug coaster / using a “fine” sized tool
Shop the Punch Needle Yarn Kit from SweetGeorgia here »
Remember your 15% off discount as a SOS member available here.
Shop the Deluxe Punch Needle Tool Kit (includes 8” no-slip hoop, monk’s cloth, Oxford #10 and Oxford #14 tool) »
Everything you need for the class projects, besides yarn, can be found at Sahm's Kussen and Kiss shop.
Check the workbook to find the one-time only 10% off coupon code for the Tool Kit from Sahm's Kussen and Kiss Etsy shop.