Dip your toes into the world of knitting with our Learn to Knit: First Scarf course! Taught by Tabetha Hedrick, this online workshop covers all of the basics steps of how to start knitting, including:
- how to get those stitches onto the needle using the long tail cast on.
- working the basic knit stitch.
- how to bind off, finishing your knitted project.
With these new skills, you’ll knit a garter stitch scarf to keep you cozy and show off your wonderful new knitting skills! You can find a free pattern for this garter stitch scarf here!
If you run into any trouble, we’ve included a troubleshooting video, plus you can always chat with us in the SOS community forums! We’re here to help and support you on your fibre arts journey!
You’re going to make your first scarf! Right here, with this simple one worked only in the knit stitch, you’ll end up with a garter stitch scarf to be proud of.
- 2 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Superwash Worsted in Beach House (200 yd / 183 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 100% Superwash Merino). The colour listed is what was used in the sample pictured. Feel free to choose your favourite colour.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- Size 7 US / 4.5 mm needle
- Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Yarn needle