In this course, Felicia teaches you how to develop a functional, working understanding of colour so that we can more confidently choose colours and colour combinations for our crafts.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Recognize essential colour theory vocabulary, like hue, saturation, value, and temperature.
- Learn what traditional colour combinations and colour harmonies are.
- Expand and morph those colour combinations into different and unique palettes
- Explore how to apply our colour combinations to knitting specifically, but these same considerations can be made for any other craft you are doing, whether it’s weaving or crochet or quilting.
- Gain confidence to pick up any skein of yarn in any colour and have an idea of what you would combine with it and why.
- Be inspired to look at a knitting pattern and envision what colours you would use for it and why.
Download the Knitting Hand-Dyed Colour workbook for colour theory exercises and links to all knitting pattern ideas and inspiration that we mentioned in the course.