Welcome to Lace Mastery Knitting Study Group!
The first four week focus on becoming either acquainted with lace if you are just starting, or challenging ourselves for knitters experienced in lace knitting. Then for the final four weeks of the knitting study group, we will focus on designing our own lace shawl, working through the Design Your Own Triangular Shawl course taught by Tabetha Hedrick.
Everyone is welcome to join us for the first four-week section (track A), the last four-week designing section (track B), or the whole study group time! We’re happy you are here!
Follow the Study group guidance week by week, with all of the discussion taking place over in the SOS forum group! For sharing your projects on social media, tag #sosknittingstudygroup and #schoolofsweetgeorgia!
SOS patterns included for SOS members, ideal for the first 4 weeks:
- Tulsi: Fingering weight yarn / hat / single-sided lace
- Cavatina: Fingering weight yarn / shawl / double-sided lace
Pattern suggestions from the SweetGeorgia pattern catalogue with different levels of lace complexity:
- North Wind: DK or worsted weight yarn / hat / single-sided lace
- Fireside Lace Set: DK weight yarn / hat & cowl / single-sided lace
- Lilac Petal: Fingering weight yarn / hat / single-sided lace in ribbing
- Misra: Fingering weight yarn / cowl / double-sided lace
- China Rose Shawl: Fingering weight yarn / shawl / single-sided lace
- Winter Dawn: Fingering weight yarn / shawl / double-sided lace
- Sugar pop: Fingering weight yarn / shawl / single-sided lace
(notes from Robyn: beginner – lace with a lot of breaks in between for mindless knitting too)
- Lights at Night: Fingering weight yarn / shawl / single-sided lace
(notes from Robyn: eyelets, stash buster, several YO and decreases each row, purl wrong side)
- Lemon Drop: Fingering weight yarn / shawl / single-sided lace
(notes from Robyn: easy beginner square shawl)
- Subtle glitter: Fingering weight yarn / stole / single-sided lace
(notes rom Robyn: beginner lace with a lot of breaks between for mindless knitting too)
You are welcome to knit along with any other pattern as well. Do remember that we cannot share graph photos without the designer’s permission in the forums. Take the time to see what kind of lace it is – is it a kind of lace you’ve knit before?
- Design your Own Top- Down Triangular Shawl Workbook (PDF) » Print it so you can follow along the course.
- Cavatina Shawl Pattern (PDF) » Lace is the star of the show in this decadent triangular shawl. A simple pattern worked from beginning to end in a lush, rich colour makes an accessory that is as wonderful to wear as it is to knit.
- Kodila Shawlette Pattern (PDF) » The transition from smooth Stockinette stitch to textural openwork is a knit to savor. Whether worked in a solid, gradient, or multiple colours, the results make for an enchanting accessory for every season.