Learn about the magical world of indigo dyeing with Kathy Hattori of Botanical Colors!
This workshop was originally taught as a live 1-hour Zoom presentation. In the video replay, learn about working with indigo dyes and creating an indigo vat, including tips and troubleshooting help, followed by a Q&A session at the end.
In the video reply, Kathy talks about:
- the GPL method, setting up vats at different grams/litre for different colour depths.
- what a healthy indigo vat should look like, plus tips on reviving a vat.
- over-dyeing on indigo with other natural dyes.
- tips for successful dips in your indigo vat.
- different indigo types, tools, materials and more!
We hope you join in this wonderful presentation by Kathy, and then please share your work and chat with us about the fun of indigo dyeing at the SOS Community Forums or on Instagram – tag your photos with #sosindigodyeing or #sosnaturaldyeing!