Step 1: Dream
This step is all about discovering WHAT you want to do. Set aside a good chunk of uninterrupted time and let yourself dream about what you’d like to make or do in the coming nine months, for the duration of this challenge.
Just grab a blank paper and pen and just start listing out, line-by-line, all the ideas of things that you’d like to make whether they are big things or small things. Just get them all out of your head and onto the page.
Use the following prompts to trigger thoughts and ideas that you can expand on. And then look at The Bucket List for ideas as well. List out everything that you think you’d like to MAKE and jot down everything that you would like to LEARN. Write down everything that’s in your head.
- What is your epic goal? What does “epic” mean to you?
- What do you want to achieve? Is it knitting your first ever sweater? Is it tackling stranded colour work for the first time? Is it trying out weaving a scarf?
- Is it a physical product that you want to see at the end of the day? Or is just just important to you to learn and understand the skill itself?
- What are your priorities and values. What’s important to you?
- something wearable?
- for yourself, or for someone else?
- fits well and is flattering?
- suitable, flattering colour?
- design or pattern that fits your skill level or engages you for progression?
- What do you need to learn to do, if you don’t already know how to do it? What new skill or knowledge do you need?
- Consider the bucket list and see if there is anything on that list that you would like to do?
- What would a successful, EPIC, finished project look like to you?
- How would you feel when it’s complete?