Learn, step by step, everything you need to know about knitting toe-up socks using any yarn and for any size foot. If you’ve seen how fun, portable and satisfying sock knitting can be, and want to learn how to make them yourself, then this is the course for you. Once you get the sock bug, it never lets go!
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- taking measurements and how to calculate the numbers to get a perfect fitting sock.
- sock anatomy and how to knit a faux circular gauge swatch.
- Judy’s Magic Cast On technique.
- how to shape the toe, work gusset increases and knit a short row heel.
- how to work an elastic bind off, and so much more!
Check the materials tab to download the course workbook, view the supplies list and then meet Tabetha over in Lesson One!
For any questions, to share your own sock projects and photos, come visit us in the SOS community forums! Plus, tag us on Instagram with #soscustomtoeupsocks and #schoolofsweetgeorgia!
You will need:
- 425 yds / 339 m of fingering-weight yarn, such as Tough Love Sock (a foot circumference over 9" / 23 cm will likely need a second skein), or
- 350 yds / 320 m of DK-weight yarn, such as Superwash DK ( a foot circumference over 9" / 23 cm will likely need up to 100 more yds / 92 m), or
- 225 yds / 206 m of worsted-weight yarn, such as Superwash Worsted (a foot circumference over 9" / 23 cm will likely need up to 100 more yds / 92 m).
- Size appropriate for your yarn choice: for magic loop, 32" / 80 cm circular; for two needles, (2) 24" / 60 cm circulars; or a set of double-pointed needles (dpn)
Adjust needle size if necessary, to obtain the correct gauge.
- tape measure
- an extra needle for the cast-on
- 3 stitch markers (with one being different to mark BOR)
- yarn needle
Remember your 15% off discount as a SOS member available here!