There is something magical about the swirl and dance of cables. There are so many different kinds of cables, so the possibilities are are endless! If you’ve always wanted to learn how to knit cables, but have hesitated to do so, this is the course for you!
In this workshop, Tabetha Hedrick teaches you:
- What a cable is
- The tools you’ll need to achieve cable success
- How to read cable abbreviations and cable charts
- How to knit 3, 4, and 5 stitch cables
- How to knit without a cable needle
- How to fix cable mistakes
Included in this workshop is a handout containing two cable sample patterns for you to work though with Tabetha and some suggestions of cable patterns found on our SweetGeorgia Yarns shop! Check out the Class Resources and Handouts page before you get started!
Cables 101 Worksheet
Cable Pattern Ideas
- Adamello (Use two strands of SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted held double with a 6.0 mm (US 10) or 8.0 mm (US 11) to substitute for Superwash Six)
- Duplin Mitts
- Saru (Use two strands of SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted held double with a 6.0 mm (US 10) or 8.0 mm (US 11) to substitute for Superwash Six)
Remember your 15% off discount as a SOS member available here: https://www.schoolofsweetgeorgia.com/sweetgeorgia-discount/