This handwoven shawl pattern is featured in the “Handwoven Colour” course.
Weave a 15-hue colour gamp using sock yarn in plain weave. Enjoy the interactions of colour between these fifteen hues of a spectrum and weave your own colour gamp shawl. Work with gradient mini-skein sets or limit your colour selections to just analogous colours. The options are infinite!
Approximately 680 yards of SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock (425 yd / 388 m per 4oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon) in 15 hues. Plus approximately 35 yards of a dark hue for selvedges and border.
Weft: Approximately 710 yards of SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock (425 yd / 388 m per 4oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon) in 15 hues.
- This shawl is made using one of each SweetGeorgia Party of Five mini-skein set in Emerald, Gemstone, and Tanzanite.
- Finished, Blocked Dimensions: 21 3/4 inches (55 cm) wide x 63 3/4 inches (162 cm) long, not including fringe.
- Equipment: 4-shaft loom with a minimum 26-inch (66 cm) weaving width, 10-dent reed (sample woven on a Schacht Baby Wolf loom)
- Tools: 1 shuttle, warping board, reed hook, heddle hook, tapestry needle, measuring tape
- Weave Structure: plain weave
- Warp Length: approximately 2.67 yards (245 cm) includes about 20 inches of loom waste
- Warp Ends: 252
- Ends Per Inch (EPI): 10 EPI
- Picks Per Inch (PPI): 10 PPI
- Width in Reed: 25.2 inches (64 cm)
- To weave the scarf version, you’ll need half the total yardage and at least a rigid heddle loom with a 10-dent reed and a 12-inch weaving width.