LEARNING PATH | KNITTING
BECOME A KNIT DESIGNER
Learn how to become a knit designer from conceptualizing a design through sketching and swatching to taking your design further with other sizes, finalizing it for sale!
36 min | 4 lessons
- Learn how to design a top-down, triangular shawl shape, from conceptualization to swatching, gauge, crunching numbers, and blocking the final piece
- Discover how to work all of this together into your very own design, using any yarn or stitch you might be dreaming of.
1 hr 17 min | 4 lessons
- Understand conceptualizing a design through sketching and swatching
- Learn about determining measurements, row counts, and stitch counts
- Learn about troubleshooting tips
- Explore taking your design further with other sizes, finalizing it for sale, etc.
34min | 6 lessons
- Learn what you should include in a design proposal
- Find out how to stand out to publishers
- Understand the process followed once a design is accepted for publishing
- Discover how to work with tech editors
- Learn how to plan making your pattern sample